Worn: White, Blue + Neon

Please excuse my Monday morning face; there was no makeup involved, so I thought some Strawberry Shortcake would brighten things up. This weekend was sunny and pretty, so we decided to take a drive up the coast and visit the less crowded, wilder and more scenic beaches known to this area. After a cool spell, it seems like Santa Cruz is seeing our summer turn hot hot hot! Forecasts in the seventies, clear blue skies, and the doom-and-gloom ring of dark fog has disappeared from the coast. While running errands, I discovered Champagne Pear Vinaigrette at Trader Joe's, which prompted me to make an ah-mazing salad to go with such a luscious concoction: arugula mix, tiny tomatoes, sliced cucumber, chopped apple and candied ginger flakes. Wonderfully delicious, flavorful, and so summer. Almost as summer as comfy shorts and ombre denim to match the sun-bleached sand and ocean.


I have been wanting a turquoise ring for months, but hadn't found anything within my teensy price range that tickled my fancy. Then one fateful morning, I was sucked in by an email from Gilt...and ten minutes later, I'd found my second favorite ring ever! The first is of course the one Eric gave me; however, it's ridiculous to wear it next to my old Forever 21 jewelry (especially after the first day when the color starts to turn). Now I have a very pretty ring on both hands that I never want to take off. Luckiest girl evah!

fawn print shorts c/o oasap / diy bleached shirt, thrifted / neon necklace, flea market / Steve Madden sequin loafers, Ross / House of Harlow turquoise ring, GILT sale


Check back tomorrow for more photos from our beachy day up Highway One!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! xo