From Oakland, With Love

I drove up to Oakland over the weekend to celebrate my good friend's twenty-fifth birfday. Whenever I go to "the city" I always dork out internally and hope I'll see some bloggers! I tried to keep my eyes peeled for the likes of Calivintage or Retro Gypsy, but alas, no luck. I did talk to someone who used to know Kreay Shawn, haha! I had such a great time seeing Melissa, I'd love to move there. We walked everywhere, saw a cool band playing outside Whole Foods, ate at Mau, watched crazy dancing in the clubs, enjoyed some two a.m. taco truck action and there were dj's everywhere. Here are some pics from our picnic at Lake Merritt on sunny Sunday with the crazy lovely pup Stella. And when you get to the birthday cake and candy spread yes, that is a foot-long Snickers bar.


4 comments:

  1. THAT DOG! Too cute :)

    Lovely pictures! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bummed I didn't run into you either! Next time give me a heads up on Twitter when you're around! Looks like you had a blast in Lake Merritt. Also, those are some lovely photos you took! What camera did you use if you don't mind me askin'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a 1.8f/50mm lens on an old canon rebel body. That lens is so great!

      Delete
  3. Love this outfit, and all your pics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! xo