DIY Glass Guitar Slide Statement Necklace




I picked up the cheapest (read: thinnest) glass slide whilst at The Starving Musician with Eric over the weekend. They only carried a few, but slides come in a variety of materials, colors and shapes; some are even hand-blown. Neon braided cord and this beautiful concave brass slide I spotted on amazon would be so siiiiick! 
I found the lightweight 12mm faux chain on M&J Trim.com; they have tons of options and decent prices for a one yard minimum. Or use whatever material you want: multiple thinner chains, ribbon, twine, cord, etc. Make sure to get jump rings that will accommodate the large chain. I found the pretty gold leaf clasps on etsy.


3 comments:

  1. Awesome DIY! Thanks or sharing:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happily engaged but ladies, trust me, this necklace captures dudes' attention!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! xo