Thrifty Plaid & Candy Stripes



I re-organized my closet recently and re-discovered this braided belt and plaid white and red dress. Is it weird that most of my brown accessories are thrifted and/or vintage? The circle-skirted dress is very summery so I find myself having a hard time styling it sometimes. I layered a striped t-shirt underneath to add some contrast, unbuttoned the top and folded the collar over. The belt helped the slightly loose bodice fit better and riding boots gave me some warmth on a blustery day.

plaid dress thrifted from Salvation Army | Wolverine boots | vintage braided belt and basket bag
 from Crossroads Trading Company | red stripe tee from urban outfitters 

7 comments:

  1. So sweet! :)
    xoxo Aimee
    bowsandbeau-ties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet outfit! love the print of the dress! :)xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layering and fun of this outfit! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this outfit!! Perfect pattern mixing! Hope you're doing well, girl! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! xo