Sweet Saturday: Honey Peach Icecream

Summer, peaches and honey just seem the perfect pair, no?


Ingredients:
4 very ripe peaches
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

*I used white peaches because I was in a pinch, but I think the recipe is meant for regular yellow peaches. And I didn't want to go out to buy milk or cream, so I used vanilla soy milk. Unless you're lactose-intolerant or avoiding animal products though, I wouldn't recommend this substitution. It just wasn't creamy enough! It makes a really nice smoothie base, however ;)


1. Chop the peaches and simmer 3/4 of them in the honey for about ten minutes.
2. Dissolve sugar in peach and honey mixture and let cool a bit
3. Puree mixture in a blender with the milk
4. Transfer to your ice cream maker and churn for about twenty minutes. 
Add the rest of the chopped peach and let the machine go until the
 mixture reaches the consistency of custard.
5. Freeze for at least an hour before trying!




*pictures mine / recipe adapted from ezrapoundcake*

2 comments:

  1. wooow wow wow
    I <3 PEACH!!!

    i'm a new follower ;)

    xoxo*
    IV
    Leather satchel giveaway
    http://www.ivaniadiamond.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! xo