Sweet Saturday: No-Bake Cheesecake



Cheesecake may be one of my favorite desserts. It's not really realistic for me to make such a claim, since I really really like most sweet things, but I feel pretty comfortable saying it's up there in the top three. The first time I went to the Cheesecake Factory was heavenly; I brought home three different slices to try. There's an endless supply of recipes for "factory cheesecake" out there, but I wanted to share a simpler version I made and loved last week. No  crushing cookie crumbs, no spring-form pan, no baking. A mixer could come in handy, but not having one, I used a large fork to smoosh the cream cheese and it worked great. The only other tools you need are a bowl and a fridge and some elbow grease.

Ingredients

  • 8 ounce package light soft cream cheese
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup low-fat sour cream
  • 8 ounces Cool Whip, slightly thawed
  • 1 graham cracker pie crust
1. Beat cream cheese until smooth
2. Add sugar and mix well
3. Add sour cream and vanilla, mix well
4. Fold in Cool Whip and mix well
5. Spoon into pie crust and chill for 4 hours.

This is the hardest part, waiting for the pie to set. Tide yourself over by licking the bowl, then consider slicing up some berries in the meantime, they make a great topping.Enjoy!



1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! xo