Tasty Thursday: Earl Grey Muffins


I've been baking more, as an excuse to use the oven and be warm but also because I'm starting to really enjoy the mixing of dry goods and wet stuff and the creation of delicious foods. I'm still trying to perfect a chai latte muffin to share with you, but in the meantime, here's an easy Earl Grey Muffin! I used raspberri cupcake's recipe for Earl Grey & Poppyseed Muffins as a jumping off point and made my own alterations. I didn't have poppy seeds or a flour sifter, but I did have not one but two kinds of Earl Grey Tea: Raspberry and Double Bergamot! I hope you enjoy whipping up this small half batch as much as I did eating them.



Ingredients
  • 2 Earl Grey Tea bags
  • 1/2 cup {125ml} milk
  • 1 1/4 cups {186g} flour
  • 3/4 cup {78g} caster sugar
  • 1/2 stick plus about 1 tsp {64g} butter, melted
  • 1 egg, lightly whisked

Directions
  1. Heat milk over medium flame, remove from heat, add tea, and set aside to steep for 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat oven to 350°F {180°C} and prepare a muffin tin with 6 paper liners. In the photos, I actually used my Breville Pie Maker as both oven and muffin tin as one, since I only had a super-mini cupcake pan and no mini cupcake liners. It's all about using what you've got!
  3. Mix flour and sugar in a medium bowl. Add tea milk, butter and egg and mix well, until smooth.
  4. Spoon into muffin pan, about 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, maximum, and allow to cool. Spread with jam and enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. yumm! This makes me want to curl up in bed and have breakfast instead of dinner haha
    great post x

    http://www.sevenautumnleavesblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! xo