6 Week Pinterest Challenge

Sisters Share It All: Pinterest Challenge
Hello ladies and new blog friends! I wanted to tell you all about a pinterest challenge over on Merricks Art blog that I'm joining. Gotta get moving on some projects!

I definitely use pinterest daily to collect and organize all the ideas I see for diy, blogging, style, cooking, and decorating on a budget. However, I manifest those "great!" and "amazing!" pins into awesome real life projects much less often. And that's going to change starting now. Or tomorrow morning, to be exact.

Merrick and her two sisters have committed to recreating six pins in six weeks and will share the results afterward. I will try to post on each project individually. When I went into my archived pins to start narrowing things down for my six, which took quite a while, I re-discovered some projects I'd been really excited about in the moment, but then got lost in the daily shuffle. Here are the six pins I'm signing up for the project:
1. Sew a skirt+shirt=dress / 2. Marc Jacobs safety pin tasseled earrings / 3. Woven jersey top DIY
4. Eclair Pie / 5. simple tassel necklace / 6. Prouenza Schouler zip-bottom blazer

9 comments:

  1. Whoa, that woven top is so amazing!

    Thanks for joining up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interested to see how the shirt+skirt dress goes. I've been eyeing similar pins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this idea...though, it may take a bit of nerve on my part to take part in this pinterest challenge. i think my favorite pin is that DIY woven top sweatshirt. i've got two ideas with sweatshirt adornment in my back pocket (and pinned)....so i guess that's two down four more to go!
    xo
    n

    ReplyDelete
  4. number 6 is my absolute favorite! good luck!! can't wait to see the result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fan, another lovely post! Always impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pics & blog!
    would you like to follow each other? flw me and tell about this!
    I hope to hear from you soon!
    http://mooreann.blogspot.com/
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried to make that woven top a while ago and it turned out so messy! I can't wait to see yours, maybe you'll find whatever trick I missed. I'll definitely be on the lookout for that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted my result! It definitely took a bit of adjusting and pulling to get the strips of jersey to lay nice. Check out my latest post; there's a link to the tutorial I had luck with :)

      Delete
  8. omg. love your picks.. but really dying for that eclair pie.

    xoxo- sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! xo