Pink Petals, Blue Jeans

What, a denim skirt isn't jeansy enough? I think this one is. I want to wear it everyday, which is usually an urge reserved for actual pants. So when I say "my favorite jeans" I may be referring to this skirt. My mom and I aren't usually able to share clothes, but this hand-me-down she'd saved since the eighties is now one of my most prized family heirlooms. She loved and wore this faded pinstripe baby so much, she couldn't bear to part with it when it no longer fit her. I had to take it in a bit on the sides (it was a roomy a-line on me before) but kept things loose enough to still be super-comfortable.

Eric and I had a casual Sunday afternoon dinner date, and the white t-shirt just felt like the perfect thing. I mean, what goes more naturally with jeans than a white shirt? I added simple accessories: gold flats, an earthy beaded necklace, and a skinny brown belt (the cutest Scottie's nose-to-nose!) and a pale pink cardigan, since really, as soon as the sun sets it is not warm enough for bare legs and arms! But while it's light, it's hard to remember we're still only in February. There's a lot of green poking through dead brown bark and soil, cherry blossoms are blooming all over town, I hope spring really has come early, and has come to stay.
Tres Jolie skirt, mom | Kissing Dogs belt c/o Oasap | t-shirt, Jo-Ann's sale | pink cardigan, H&M | thrifted wooden
necklace | flats, Crossroads Trading Co. | straw kitty bag | sunshine + flowers c/o Mother Nature

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the swinging shots.

    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    I am having a fabulous giveaway right here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Spring flowers!!!!! AMAMAZZZING! It's snowing like crazy here in Toronto! Your dog is SOOOOOOOO CUTE! just that cute!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute, comfy outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are gorgeous! Love the denim! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute on you, loving all the signs of spring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! xo