Burgundy, Brown + Gold

After I read Cotton & Curls recent diy post of an a-line maxi skirt, I couldn't wait to use some of my jersey stash to make my own. I picked a yard of deep red (I'm short, sue me!) and am totally making more. This maxi skirt is super comfortable, while the slimmer cut on top and absence of gathering makes for a slimmer fit and more styling options. I paired it with my very worn, but very favorite gold quilted flats, a gold necklace, and a casual top tucked in at the front.

top: forever 21 | skirt: diy | flats: Crossroads | necklace: diy | sunnies: similar {here} {here} and {here}
I must give a shout out to Wet 'n Wild's matte lipstick line: I just picked up Wine Room and adore it's rich yet natural color. Purty Persimmon is another favorite. I just discovered the full line of 15 colors. And at two dollars, they're almost a painless indulgence.

1 comment:

  1. Love this outfit and the red lips! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! xo